97% memory usage

Reaction score
Hello,

i have recently installed win10 and after a few days i have noticed that it uses all my memory(8gb) in the following scenario:

i let the computer overnight watching a stream and an online radio station.the next morning i have noticed that the computer was a little bit laggy, ind i opened task manager where it showed 97% memory usage.The funny fact is if i added up alll the provcesses memory usage und it was about 1.2 gb ram

Has anyone a solution ?

PC specs:

i7 - 4770k proc
gtx 970 video
8 gb hyperX red memory

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums bigSTAN.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the "performance > memory" tab and "processes > sort by memory" please?

It sounds like one of your apps may have a memory leak problem. Which software were you using at the time?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums bigSTAN.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the "performance > memory" tab and "processes > sort by memory" please?

It sounds like one of your apps may have a memory leak problem. Which software were you using at the time?

Hello,

i have discovered the memory leak..........it was the system proc. that overnight used 700 mb ram

so i fixed it by:

Open up the Run prompt and enter Services.msc.
Find Superfetch in the list, right click it and stop the service.
Double-click on it and set its start up type to Deactivated.

Ty and sorry that i forgot to post the solution :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back! It's surprising to hear the culprit was SuperFetch - it may be worth submitting a bug report to MS if you get a chance :).

Ask a Question