A couple of windows 10 problems

Reaction score
I just got windows 10 a week ago and i have a couple of annoying problems. The first is when I plug in my sony wireless platinum headset to charge it, it will start charging for about 15 seconds then it will stop. The other problem im having is with asus ai suite 3. I have a z270m motherboard and i would use this program that came with the motherboard to control my fan speeds. Since upgrading to windows 10 I will click on ai suite 3 and windows will pop up asking if i will allow this program to make changes to my computer, i click yes and nothin happens after that, the program never loads up. I have tried looking on google for any solutions to either one of these problems with no success. im hoping I can get some remedy's to my problems here.

Reaction score
Still no luck with ai suite 3 after reading the post above. Still does the same routine of windows poping up with a message asking if i want to allow the program to make changes on my computer, i click yes, and nothing happens after that, it never loads up.

Reaction score
Are you running Windows Defender. Try adding asus ai suite 3. to the allowed apps list. Defender may be currently blocking the app from making system changes.

As far as charging the Sony wireless platinum headset, the PC USB port is most likely not supplying enough current. A USB supplies 500 ma typical. Try using a wall charger or the headset charger they supply 1 amp (1,000 ma) typical.

Reaction score
Are you running Windows Defender. Try adding asus ai suite 3. to the allowed apps list. Defender may be currently blocking the app from making system changes.

As far as charging the Sony wireless platinum headset, the PC USB port is most likely not supplying enough current. A USB supplies 500 ma typical. Try using a wall charger or the headset charger they supply 1 amp (1,000 ma) typical.
the thing is im using the same usb charger that i was using when i had windows 7 and it worked flawlessly then its only when i upgraded to windows 10 where it is not working anymore. Im going to try the windows defender app list and see if that will fix my ai suite 3 issue

Reaction score
Still no luck with asus ai suite 3. I added ai suite to the allowable apps list on windows defender and still get the same result when i try to open ai suite 3.

Reaction score
Hi Have you thought about a in-place upgrade. I have yet to see anyone have a problem after a clean install. Yes it will take a little time, but IMHO it will be worth it. Here's link from MS community. Sorry if this doesn't pertain to your issue.;) That's the best I have. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
Here's link from MS commuity for clean install.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...stall-of/aef0ae63-2117-41ee-a8ea-4a3181625b08

Let us know how things go.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i did the clean install using the iso and still have the same exact problems it just doesnt make any sense to me

Reaction score
If you performed a clean install and have the same problems. Then you need to check your hardware or software. IMHO

Last edited:
Reaction score
i was able to get it running off of a youtube video i just found
evidently its a known problem with windows 10. Im so glad i can finally control my fans :) thanks for your input on my problem

Ask a Question