SOLVED A Fond Farewell

Reaction score
I have been contemplating, after eleven years of trying to provide help on forums, finally at the age of 83, giving it up. I feel I am getting more irritable in my old age, and help forums are not the place to display such.
My contemplation has been accelerated recently, by, responses received from a member, and so, with reluctance, I will say cheerio to all.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that Dave (I'm dropping you a PM now).

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I know the same exact feeling and totally understand and age doesn't matter. If it's time to step away for your own sanity's sake, then by all means do so. You've been a major asset to this forum and the others you're on. You will be sorely missed!

Bif

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Dave, you've been a huge help to myself and countless others on here...But sometimes you just got to step back.
Much respect for your knowledge as well as your decision.

All the best!

Reaction score
I know how you feel, I got fed up with remarks from other forum members on a couple of forums I was involved in.

Don't lose heart davehc, the bigger they shout, the smaller they really are. :) I am nearly 63 myself!. :p

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hey Dave we need you to stick around to shorten my wordy answers to a simply click this, do that with your mouse counter :)

I don't think I got over the shock of GUI. More a hands on kinda guy LoL.

If you really are intent on leaving, then thanks for your input and interjection on some of my posts. It's appreciated and feedback is always welcome as we all have things to learn from eachother.

Take care of yourself.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Lol. I have noticed the "improvement " (excuse the choice of a word!) I am still hovering, but need to clear my head one one thing
Thanks a lot for you input.

Reaction score
Having a "thick" skin always helps on these sorts of websites.
But hey Dave, at 83 you don't need the irritations, so go enjoy your "third" trimester.
Thanks for your valued advice too.

Reaction score
11 years already?
Well for almost 11 years I've been reading your thoughtful intelligent posts and have absorbed a world of knowledge from them.
I wish you luck with whatever you do.
yo

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you, guys. There was a personal issue with a member, which was solved outside of the forum. So, I decided to hang around a while. You'll see me into my grave yet!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Great News davehc!

Glad you want to stay.

Glad too the issue is sorted now.

Reaction score
Tks. S'**t happens. I am too sensitive in my old age. Need a hard skin to work on forums -particularly if Windows 10 is involved!

Bif

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the same around here without ya!...glad you're sticking around Dave!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Ellipsis > Settings > Advanced Settings

This Home button?

Untitled.png