About 45 minutes ago

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/601035462338281472

They have said that this will be the best build yet.
I've been thinking that, that wouldn't be too high a bar.

He followed that tweet up with a "no ISO today" comment.
Reminding everyone that ISOs come with a slow ring release and this is fast ring only.

So we hopefully will be seeing this shortly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I knew this build would fix my Start Menu, I'd change from slow ring to fast ring. I hardly boot that machine up so waiting is not an issue.

Reaction score
10122 installed. Took about 3 hours and 10 minutes from downloading to finishing installing.

Near the end, notice some strange, perhaps funny, notifications......

1. Just a few more tweaks

2. Unfortunately it's taking longer than usual.

I never saw those 2 until this build.

Initial assessment : everything is working fine except Cortana. It's not enabled and can't find way to enable it.
adding : Cortana is back on. No more issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Downloaded and installed pretty quick and now my Paint Shop Pro X7 program won't open. Error indicates VCOMP110.dll is missing and to try reinstalling the program.

Reaction score
It definitely works over your Start Menu. However, I'm not sure that it will actually fix it, although some previous problems are definitely addressed.
Since that is the case lets find out shall we. Let me jump on into the fast ring and start the download. Now to figure out navigation to Windows Update settings without the menu. Arg lol!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you just click the notification icon in the notification area bottom right in the taskbar you should see an "All Settings" option that you should be able to click on.

Reaction score
I got it going, didn't see your message till after the fact. I'm not sure if I had that notification. Anyway I got it by manually navigating C:\system32 folder and starting WUAPP.exe. Changed slow ring to fast ring and the update to 10122 started. But for some reason it is getting an error and canceling out of the update.

I'm getting this error

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...80246017/da52baa9-837c-4a17-880b-2d2532e7c550

Reaction score
That is the one. Not sure if you noticed but I updated my last post which links to the error I am getting. You may have read my post before my edit. I'm doing a refresh and wiping the install now. I will set the update rate to fast ring and see if I get the error again this next time. Hopefully my Start Menu will work again.

Reaction score
I've got a whopping 4% downloaded now, after starting 25 minutes ago.

My experience with Windows 10 TP is no where near as pleasant as Windows 7 Beta.

Reaction score
I'm at 4% now. I agree, the Windows 10 beta experience isn't near what it was with Windows 7. But, it is a work in progress, so I accept it as it is.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've got a whopping 4% downloaded now, after starting 25 minutes ago.
Can you imagine what this is going to be like when everyone (not just "Insiders") have to get it the same way?
I certainly hope they have plans to scale up their content delivery network.

Reaction score
I hate this shit MS has put out. The update has failed again after a refresh install of 10074.

It is my opinion that MS has lost their mind, they no longer know how to put out a stable OS. I've had more trouble with Windows 10 than I have with any other version of Windows. At this point there is no need in working with Windows 10 until another slow ring update.

Edit:
I'm gonna try it again to see if it will update one last time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I only had issues with 10041, on my tablet. No issues otherwise. No big deal about a slow download. I have nothing but time.

Reaction score
At 16% now. At least it is still going. I wouldn't really care if the download took 3 days if it would work without breaking.

I'm not absolutely certain but I think the Monitor and Hard Drive going to sleep earlier is what caused the previous download error. Seems fine now with them turned off. And if that is the case, it shouldn't have been an error but instead maybe a pause.

Reaction score
My issue is that it keeps dropping my wifi. Although that's an issue with windows 8.1 also. Neither like my netgear n300 dongle.

Ask a Question