Account picture showing twice on welcome screen

Reaction score
So i found a thread on the site that explained how to remove the option of entering in a password every time i log into my computer via the netplwiz command (thankyou!), but now when it gets to the welcome screen showing that its signing in, it shows my account picture twice. Anyone know why? how can i fix this?

Edit: I should also mention im running build 9926.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes it would seem that whenever you use either
netplwiz
or
Control Userpasswords2
To facilitate not having to type a password for a particular account, the welcome screen will show two accounts, when there is in fact only one, the same one.
It's a product of a problem with the Tech Preview which I assume will be addressed and correct in a future build.
Many, many have reported the same issue, so..... if it's any comfort, you are not alone.

Reaction score
You can get rid of the two pictures, but I am sure it ill be fixed in the next imminent build.

In a run box, open gpedit.msc
Go to Computer Configuration - Windows Setting - Security Setting - Local Policies - Security Options - "Interactive logon: Do not display last user name"
Set this to Enabled

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like it may be fixed today in build 10041.
Mine goes by so fast, I can't even see an account picture at all.
Anyone else tested or observed this?

Ask a Question