Acer and Microsoft Partner to Take on Chromebook in the Classroom

Reaction score
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/wi...artner-to-take-on-chromebook-in-the-classroom

Acer and Microsoft revealed this week that they have collaborated on a new Windows 10 laptop aimed at the education market. Dubbed the TravelMate B117, this new laptop provides unique interactive features that are ideal for the classroom.

Aside from the specifics of this device, it’s worth noting that Microsoft’s quiet partnership with all of the major PC makers has, over time, resulted in a set of very interesting PCs that provide a level of reliability and stability—and a lack of crapware—that was previously only the province of the Signature PCs that are sold through the Microsoft Store. This is a very welcome development, and as this Acer model shows, it is starting to impact all market segments.

So this Acer.

The Acer TravelMate B117 looks like a typical laptop, though it features a ruggedized frame and spill-resistant keyboard in a nod to the education market. It’s an 11.6-inch device with Pentium or Celeron processors, up to 4 GB of RAM, and HDD or eMMC storage. So nothing spectacular, at least at first glance. But the B117 comes with Windows 10 Pro and includes a couple of very unique features that set it apart from the pack.

I have no idea what the sheeple of the world would call this, but I call it collusion.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have no idea what the sheeple of the world would call this, but I call it collusion.
So if Microsoft does something alone.....
It's an AntiTrust monopoly violation, and....
If they do it in cooperation with a hardware manufacturer, it's collusion.
Maybe you'd prefer, they close their doors and just give up to the like of Google and Apple.

Ask a Question