SOLVED action center & "show app notification" issue

Reaction score
hello...i have this issue, please help me how to solve it.
14229_zps1kkewmqa.jpeg

Reaction score
Are you using Bitdefender? If so, switch off the profiles and see if the issue is resolved.

Reaction score
I cannot emulate the problem with the greyed out option. But, for the action centre, select the item at the top "Turn System cons on or off" There you will find another option to turn off the Action centre.

Reaction score
ok sir , i switch it off and the action center icon disappear from task bar..when i switch on it come back but "no entry" symbol still remain there..

Reaction score
Ok. Download the attached. Before you edit anything in the registry, open it, by typing regedit in the run box, and open "File" and export the registry to a known location. It van then be imported back again, if you have any problems,
Rename the attached to Appnote.reg and run it

Attachments

• Appnote.txt
    364 bytes · Views: 683
Last edited:
Reaction score
ok sir...thank you very much sir with your response and your help...everything is fine now...
i followed your step but didnt work...i just got the tutorial from the other forum and it work for me..
"show app notification" not grayed out anymore and the "action center" balloon back to normal now...

• Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.
  • Type the following in the Run box: gpedit.msc
  • Go to the following path in the left pane of Group Policy Editor:
    User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar
  • Locate and modify the following setting: Turn off all balloon notifications.
    Set it to Enabled

Attachments

• 14339.jpg
    14339.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:
Reaction score
That is the same fix. Just a different way of getting there. Sorry mine didn't work for you. Anyway. well done.

Ask a Question