Adapter not working

Reaction score
Hey guys, so yesterday I fixed the phone jack on my acer aspire5742 laptop, but after turning it on to test the jack, the adapter didn't find any network. If i open the network menu on the task bar it doesn't show anything where networks should be. I've tried to udapte the driver and it won't update it since 'windows determines the best driver is already installed. The manufacturer of my adapter is Broadcom and the model is netlink gigabit. I checked the cables that are connected to the card , but they're ok. I think this is a software issue, not a hardware one.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi jorge,

If you open an elevated command prompt you can generate a WLAN report that may help you figure out what is not working (this of course assumes your cables connecting to laptop are fine and that your ISP is not the issue.
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window that opens type the following:

netsh wlan show wlanreport

Press Enter to execute the command

• When completed it will display a path to an HTML report which you can open to review.

The default path the report is saved to is: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport

Image below example of what I mean:

WLAN Report.png

Microsoft have a write up on issues like yours and offer several solutions including the one I just mentioned. You can read about this here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question