SOLVED Address- contact book.

Reaction score
Hello,
I just up graded to Win 10. I have had a hotmail account with a primary email address and a secondary outlook address.

In the process of upgrading, my new windows 10 mail has not copied my address- contact folders. In fact, there is not a button for any kind of address book. When I right click an email, there is no option for saving the address.

Can anyone explain how to set this right? I especially need my old Hotmail address book.

Thank you,
angster

Reaction score
Don't waste your time with that Mail app in Windows 10. It's not for prime time. Not by any stretch of imagination.

Continue to use your Hotmail/outlook.com accounts as you had been doing before Win 10 install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with that Mail app in Windows 10. It's not for prime time. Not by any stretch of imagination.

Continue to use your Hotmail/outlook.com accounts as you had been doing before Win 10 install.
I know dave, but my question is how to get my address books from old accounts.

Reaction score
If you upgraded to Win 10, nothing is removed from your previous OS. Your files, settings and apps are untouched.

That is why I said " Continue to use your Hotmail/outlook.com accounts as you had been doing before Win 10 installed".

Perhaps I still misunderstand you ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Your "address book" is now the "People" app.
Which is automatically coordinated with the Mail App.
When you compose a new email, you should be able to just start typing an email address and it should auto-complete from your people app.
Alternately you can open the People app and double click one of your contact's email address

Reaction score
Your "address book" is now the "People" app.
Which is automatically coordinated with the Mail App.
When you compose a new email, you should be able to just start typing an email address and it should auto-complete from your people app.
Alternately you can open the People app and double click one of your contact's email address
Ah, "People App". I have no people app to open unless i am overlooking some thing. I have a calendar, blank space, Feedback smiley, and system cog. That is what is confusing me. :) i am trying to find out how to get my "People app"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Start button, all apps menu, alphabetically "P" for "People".

Reaction score
If you upgraded to Win 10, nothing is removed from your previous OS. Your files, settings and apps are untouched.

That is why I said " Continue to use your Hotmail/outlook.com accounts as you had been doing before Win 10 installed".

Perhaps I still misunderstand you ?
dave: I lost everything on my computer. I was using win 7. It is gone. believe me, i would go back but it isn't possible. Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Start button, all apps menu, alphabetically "P" for "People".
Trouble, you just saved me a lot of grief. Its all there. Thank you. I wonder why it wasn't included automatically? One
more question please: How can i get People app to show in my mail page. I can't imagine having to go to the start button every time I want to use it.

Reaction score
dave: I lost everything on my computer

Since you know where your contact list is, you issue is basically over.

However, I am just wondering why don't you just go to the web > google for Hotmail > click Sign in > right click at the Inbox page > click Create shortcut > click Yes.

You have your Hotmail/outlook.com back on your desktop.
Why bother with the silly Mail app ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How can i get People app to show in my mail page
I'm not sure what you are calling "my mail page".
The browser window for Hotmail or Outlook.com as well as the Mail App function similarly, when you compose a new email you just click where it says recipient and strike a letter key, it brings up a list of contacts that contain that letter
The browser versions also have that little 9 square app icon in the top left that you can use to open another tab with the contents of your contacts list

Reaction score
OK I got a question I need some help with.
I am trying to locate where the contacts that windows 10 mail app uses.
Every time I try to send an email and type a letter a list of address' comes up, one of which I used at one point in error and would like to delete, so that I don't accidently use it again. However I can not find where these contacts are stored!
I have read different forums that say these contacts are stored in my "people" app. But my people app has no contacts entered as yet.
Other forums tell me that they are stored online by outlook(which is the account I am using) however again when I log into my outlook account my contacts fold is empty and has not yet had any contacts added to it.
So I thought perhaps these would be syncing from my gmail account that's associated with my phone.
So I turned sync off for my gmail on my phone. I also logged into my gmail account and again my contacts folder there is empty.

Anyone got a clue?

Ask a Question