SOLVED Administrator problems

Reaction score
Just uploaded windows 10 on my windows 7 computer. everything loaded well, however, I lost access to administrator access to all my files and programs. I assume it is because I had a different password to access my computer that what is required to access windows 10. Would that be the problem and how do I access my computer files. They only come up as read-only files.

Reaction score
Solved my own problem. Went to each file folder, right clicked to "properties", Sharing, and changed home users from "Read only" to Read/write". Fixed the problem. Time consuming though to do each file folder separately. If there is shorter way. please let others know.

Reaction score
Thanks, Michael A, for posting your work around. I didn't do it for each folder. I did it to the Document folder (this pc) and it replicated throughout the sub folders. So far have not encounter an issue.

Ask a Question