Adobe Photoshop CS activation

Reaction score
After upgrading to WIN 10 my Adobe Photoshop CS must be upgraded but Adobe phone # refers me to Adobe web site that says no longer active. Whe I "run as administrator" I get same deadend.

Bif

Reaction score
I'm running the same version as you but before I upgraded I uninstalled it and then reinstalled foreseeing this exact problem.Once the upgrade was in place I installed it without issue...not sure if what I did achieved anything but it didn't cause any problems either.

Bif

Reaction score
I've run into this before with PS after reinstalling my system and adobe looks at it as a separate licenced machine.Good luck with their customer service/community as useful I found as snot on a door hinge.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm going bananas trying to find some information regarding
Adobe Photoshop CS ver. 8.0
And Windows 10 and all I find is this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Creative_Suite
AND this
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/collection.jsp?collID=1&platform=Windows
Which would seem to indicate that the Creative Suite software stopped at Version 6.x and Adobe adopted the CC or Creative Cloud product (subscription based) after that.

Are we confusing Photoshop Elements or other Photoshop product with Photoshop CS?

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what version or product. It's still an activation issue, that will need to be solved by someone that can help activate or at least explain why it doesn't. We can't do that.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I thought the OP said that he needed to upgrade I wasn't aware that the issue was actually one of activation.

Reaction score
Even if I'm wrong about activation, which you may be right. How can we help with an upgrade issue, when it will likely need to be purchased for activation. So in the end, I'm not completely off topic.

Perhaps it is an update and not an upgrade that they are after. But then that would beg the question why label activation in the thread title?

Bif

Reaction score
He won't have to purchase anything as he's already bought the product..it's just hoops he'll have to jump through to appease the Adobe gods.They've always been anal about installs on what they deem as another computer.we may not be able to fix the problem here but we can offer some advice from experience.

Reaction score
After upgrading to WIN 10 my Adobe Photoshop CS must be upgraded but Adobe phone # refers me to Adobe web site that says no longer active. Whe I "run as administrator" I get same deadend.
Sorry about the replys from the people who did not read you message. Had the same issue with my PS 8, upgraded to win 10 and got the "system has changed" and will not load. Adobe no longer supports PS8, but if you have it, you can download the CS2 version, use your serial number, and good to go. Will get a dialoge to activate each time, but its essentially disabled.

John T Smith Mar 18, 2016 9:27 PM (in response to neelamp27543027)

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.htm l

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

NOTE that CS2 will not install at all on a "modern" Mac with an Intel CPU

When you install the special version of CS2 on a Win7 or Win8 or Win10 computer, you MAY need to right click the program icon and select WinXP compatibility from the option popup

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html#how_to_install

Ask a Question