Advice please

Reaction score
I recently updated my Apple ID and this is working okay on my ipad and also for itunes on my Windows 10 laptop, so I wonder why every time I now log onto my laptop I get an icloud message box come up wanting me to log into my previous Apple ID, surely this should have been deleted when I did the successful Apple ID update...I've tried to log in hoping to delete this previous account but it won't (understandably) let me in, so I'm left with having to keep deleting this nuisance box . I would appreciate any advice on how to stop this happening.

Reaction score
I don't really use iCloud, but I would look for a setting for it on the Win 10 system.

Reaction score
I notice the setup for iCloud for Windows says to set up all your iOS devices and then set up Windows. Perhaps you might need to reinstall the utility on Windows but I don't have the control panel to check for settings options.

Reaction score
I notice the setup for iCloud for Windows says to set up all your iOS devices and then set up Windows. Perhaps you might need to reinstall the utility on Windows but I don't have the control panel to check for settings options.

Reaction score
Saltgrass, If I was to reinstall icloud on my windows 10 laptop wouldn't that mean I'd have to make another Apple ID for just using on there, separate from the one I use on my ipad?

Reaction score
I can't really answer any questions about operation. But there must be a panel for iCloud somewhere. Check the hidden icons on the taskbar and if one is there, right or left click and perhaps get a settings dialog. If not there, check the control panel using the start button right click menu. There may be an icon for it there.

The way the quote sounded to me was the install of iCloud would pick up the settings from the other devices. But do you remember how you set it up the first time and how it asked for a password?

Other than a special settings page I do notice on the iTunes Edit menu a preferences selection which opens that window. On the Sharing tab there is an option to use a password, but I don't know if that would be related to iCloud. The Bonjour Service does have to be running to see these options.

If I remember, whenever iTunes updates it includes the option to install iCloud. Maybe next time I will allow it to do so or I may just go ahead and download it if you can't find an answer.

Reaction score
I can't really answer any questions about operation. But there must be a panel for iCloud somewhere. Check the hidden icons on the taskbar and if one is there, right or left click and perhaps get a settings dialog. If not there, check the control panel using the start button right click menu. There may be an icon for it there.

The way the quote sounded to me was the install of iCloud would pick up the settings from the other devices. But do you remember how you set it up the first time and how it asked for a password?

Other than a special settings page I do notice on the iTunes Edit menu a preferences selection which opens that window. On the Sharing tab there is an option to use a password, but I don't know if that would be related to iCloud. The Bonjour Service does have to be running to see these options.

If I remember, whenever iTunes updates it includes the option to install iCloud. Maybe next time I will allow it to do so or I may just go ahead and download it if you can't find an answer.

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice and suggestions. I've found icon for icloud on my taskbar in hidden icons.

Ask a Question