Adware .... neurowise

Reaction score
Check your Programs and Features.
Locate Neurowise.
If found, UN-install it.

Neurowise is an adware according to my google search.

Reaction score
1. Any antivirus don`t work in Windows 10 , can you tel me wich antivirus is for Windows 10 or it is not necessary ?
2. Can I install in the same computer Windows 10 and Windows 7 (dual boot) ?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
1. Any antivirus don`t work in Windows 10 , can you tel me wich antivirus is for Windows 10 or it is not necessary ?
2. Can I install in the same computer Windows 10 and Windows 7 (dual boot) ?

I just using the built in one that came with windows, starting with windows 8....it's called Defender.

Yes...you can dual boot it...I'm triple booting with 7, 8.1 Pro and 10 Tech Preview on my laptop.

Reaction score
1. Defender have Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 but I have installed antivirus , I know that Linux doesn`t need antivirus , windows 10 also doesn`t need antivirus ?
2. For tracking temperatures on my computer , I wanted to use Speccy , I was verry pleased with this program above but is not compatible with Windows 10 . I was
watching with Speccy , in real time all the hardware in my computer but now I need to use two programs for processor and graphic card only. That is not OK !

Reaction score
1. The Windows Defender in Win 7 is NOT the same Windows Defender in Win 8/8.1.
In Vista and Win 7, Windows Defender is an anti-spyware. It is considered base-line protection and for some inadequate. Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) was introduced and at that time considered very good anti-spyware and anti-virus program. There are many 3rd party AVs to choose from too. Many 3rd party AVs and MSE will disable Windows Defender after installation. That renders WD useless.
I had MSE installed on my Win 7 but switched to Avast ( free edition ) upon the news of poor performance reviews of MSE. Now I have both WD an Avast for protection.
In Win 8/8.1, Windows Defender is actually a modified version of MSE.
At the beginning, I also switched to Avast, but decided to come back to use WD ( aka MSE ) as real time protection, and Malwarebytes (free edition ) as on-demand protection. So far no security issues.
I have since 10/01 installed Win 10 TP and I use the same setup as Win 8.1.
Windows defender and Malwarebytes.

2. Speccy is incompatible with Win 10. But it's not the only program incompatible.
Win 10 TP is only in infant stage. That is why we are given a Feedback program so that we can report all the bugs and glitches back to MS. Perhaps, when the Final Release comes out, all dust will settle.
You are not supposed to install Win 10 TP with the intention of using it as primary OS. If you were using this MS link to install, you should have read the Warning note.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

w10

Reaction score
Reaction score
Defender suits me, also. But, of course, the Tech review is there for us to work through and, where we can contribute, provide feedback. For those who can be bothered, this could, of course, also include trying out that huge collection of antivirus programs.

I was also a speccy fan, up to ma year ago. On a tip, I changed to Belarq.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

A much more comprehensive cover. It even tells you what the keys are for any software you have installed.

Reaction score
Found out where I got that Neurowise.
It was from downloading and installing SigmaTel audio driver about 5 days ago when I installed Win 10 TP the very first time.
The download site was from Cnet.
Today, I reinstalled Win 10 TP into my 6 years old Dell laptop as a sole operating system.
After install, there was no sound.
I remembered, quite a while back, that davehc told me to re-install sigmatel.
I have that link saved in my external harddrive. So I used it to download.
During installation, one of many garbage free programs offered was Neurowise.
I hit the Decline button in record time.

Reaction score
With the installed driver by Windows , my printer Canon Pixma MP270 don`t work , I did reinstal after original disc and now the printer work.

Reaction score
Microsupporthelp.com is detected as an Adware program . it is considered to be a browser hijacker which has the ability to replace your default homepage and search engine . when user search any things redirected to various malicious Sites and slow down your system performance . If you are seeing random pop-up ads within web browser then your computer is infected with an adware or a potentially unwanted program , you must remove it immediately. Most of PC user has used this link to get rid of adware infection :-
http://www.commentdesinstallerunmal...help-com-a-partir-du-pc-ordinateurs-portables

Ask a Question