After a windows update, my system stays in a very slow/froze state.

Reaction score
I downloaded a very big windows update on my system, as I've been procrastinating on keeping the updates updated consistently. After I did this, about 3 hrs+ update, my system has entered a state of extremely slow/froze state. To the point that when it loads to my desktop screen it never loads completely and everything seems frozen.

I've tried keeping it on for hours, and it still stays in this froze state. I don't have a system restore point (which I thought I did). I've tired booting it in Safe Mode, but it's still in that froze state in Safe Mode. I've tired a few other things but I don't really remember because I've gave up on it.

Is their anything I could possibly do to rectify this?

Reaction score
Have you attempted to perform a cold boot? Turn the PC Off and hold down the ON OFF button down for 30 seconds or so. Then (cold boot) restart.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply back. Norton, I've tired the cool boot, nothing worked. Wolfie, I can't get my system to boot up to even be able to attempt a rollback. My system want complete a desktop boot. My system is in a very froze like state. It can stay trying to load the desktop for hours! It never completely loads. Even if trying to boot in safe mode. So, it's preventing me from attempting anything that could help because of this extremely slow/frozen state.

Reaction score
HI Chris,

if you have all you need backed up, do a clean install with a fresh copy of W10. I must do the same on an infected PC (11 Trojans) even though I have restore points, none of them work!. :(

Ask a Question