SOLVED After updating from Windows 8 to 10 lost app Voice Recorder

Reaction score
I cannot believe it, but today when I type voice recorder in search and click on it, I could not get this result yesterday but maybe my attempts to find it made difference. I actually see pop up window with microphone. I could pin it to taskbar but the only problem the volume is incredibly low. Could you please help to bring it to normal?

Reaction score
I cannot believe it, but today when I type voice recorder in search and click on it, I could not get this result yesterday but maybe my attempts to find it made difference. I actually see pop up window with microphone. I could pin it to taskbar but the only problem the volume is incredibly low. Could you please help to bring it to normal?

And thank you so much for your help.

Reaction score
I could pin it to taskbar but the only problem the volume is incredibly low. Could you please help to bring it to normal?

See if this will work.....................

At the right side of the taskbar, there is a Volume icon.
Right click at it > click Playback devices > click the Speakers icon which has a green checkmark on it >click Properties at bottom right > click Levels > under the Output heading, move the slider to the right > click OK when done.

Do the same to Recording Devices.

Reaction score
Oh thank you so much! It made the magic, the volume is up now! It is heavy noise on background but it is less destructive then low volume at all. Again, thank you so much for taking your time and helping to understand the problem for total strangers.

Reaction score
You are welcome.

Play with the Level slider on both Recording and Playback, see if you can minimize the "heavy noise ".

Ask a Question