After WIN10 1511 installation pc cannot see each other and Homegroup cannot be build

Reaction score
I installed WIN10 build 1511 on 2 of the 3 pc connected while the third is still WIN10 basic. Now the two 1511 pc see on network only the no1511 machine and cannot see each other. When asking for Network configuration I see only the third and not even the "home" pc, that is the pc where I requested the network status. I tried to switch off the firewall, I checked all the configuration settings (network discovery is on) and the network is private. Randomly every now and then without apparent intervention everything appears correctly.
The homegroup is not set because there is no way to build or join the homegroup because on all machines I receive an invitation to join a homegroup owned by I don't know who. The line on homegroup properties for displaying the password for all 3 is gray, therefore no way of proceeding.
I don't know at this point is the two problems could be related.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After posting this I saw several messages on this subject It seems the problem is open and unsolved. Congratulations to MS!
I still have the Homegroup problem...............

Last edited:
Reaction score
What I would recommend is that you try making a Homegroup on the no1511 pc or resetting one of them
Hope this helps

Ask a Question