Airplane Mode

Reaction score
Whenever I plug my UPS into my Windows 10 desktop it enables Airplane Mode.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you simply turn off Airplane Mode using the notification icon,, by clicking it?
Do you have occasion to frequent plug and unplug your UPS?

Reaction score
I have had my UPS plugged in for a couple of years with no problems but today I could not do anything on the Internet so when I checked my settings the Airplane Mode as activated and I could nor turn it off. Then using another computer I searched the web and found out where someone unplugged his UPS and then rebooted all was ok. The only thing wrong with that is as soon as I plugged the UPS again it triggered the Airplane mode on again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just a guess but here is likely some power scheme setting that is sensing the computer is running on battery.
Check device manager
Expand network adapters, select then right click the wireless adapter, choose properties, select the Power Management tab, uncheck the box that says let the computer turn off this device to save power see if that has any impact on the problem.

Reaction score
I did as you said but as soon as I plugged the UPS back in the airplane mode triggered again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does the UPS have an interface cable? If so, is that interface cable connected to the computer?
Does it have software included that allows you to manage the UPS and how it handles loss of AC Power?

Reaction score
The UPS is connected by a USB cable plugged directly into the computer. I have the APC powerchute software installed but is does nothing. It shows me three options, "Change", "Repair", "Remove" but only allows me to select "Remove".

Reaction score
Evidently your idea must have worked about let the computer turn off this device because all seems to be working now just fine. I appreciate you help. Thanks. BTW my name is Dave.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Gotta love the automagic ones.
Time will tell if it's permanent or not.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question