Alienware has blank screen!

Reaction score
Hello, I have an old Alienware, it could be Model X51, and it is from approximately 2015. a small skinny desktop shape. It turns on, with very loud fans, but I have pluged almost all video cables into it, and the screen is blank. I am using a well tested perfectly working monitor. I have tried both the GPU's HDMI & DVI, and also the onboard HDMI directly on the motherboard, but neither one displays anything. I have checked all cables are plugged in correctly. What are the next troubleshooting steps I should take? Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Hi,

have you tried resetting the monitor using the menu button and search for the reset function?. Did you get a message stating "Out of range"?. What is the computer graphics card resolution to set to as it may be too high for the monitor?. What is the max res the monitor can handle?. :cool:

Reaction score
Does the bios screen come up before it boots to windows? What graphics card is it? Does the graphics card fans spin up (some newer card don't)? Is there hard drive activity? The obvious first step is to determine if the gpu works. If you have a discrete card, and onboard graphics, plug the DVI, VGA or HDMI directly in to the motherboard ports. The second thing I'd check is the power supply. It obviously works but may not be supplying enough power to the gpu.

Ask a Question