All my files are gone and I have no clue how to get it back

Reaction score
Alright so i'm not sure what happened but my brother inserted a SD card and left it their. The next day when I tried to turn on my PC all my files were deleted and I literally have no clue how to get it back because one of the file that I downloaded was 166 GB.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you know why he inserted the SD card?
Do you know what the contents of the SD card might have included?
When you say "all my files were deleted" do you mean the contents of your
Documents folder
Music folder
Pictures folder
OR
Do you just mean the contents of your Downloads folder?

Reaction score
when I tried to turn on my PC
Did the computer actually start up? If not it may have trying to read the SD card for the boot files.

Are you and your brother on friendly terms? Have in the past seen malicious activity where programs could be run to wipe out data at the next bootup.

Reaction score
Do you know why he inserted the SD card?
Do you know what the contents of the SD card might have included?
When you say "all my files were deleted" do you mean the contents of your
Documents folder
Music folder
Pictures folder
OR
Do you just mean the contents of your Downloads folder?

He was trying to transfer the photos in his SD card to my PC to edit them, but I don't know what happened. When I tried to turn on my PC the next day some of my data in my hard drive is gone. My PC also deleted some of the software that I use such as Adobe not only that but Google Chrome tried to clean itself, which removed all my extensions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did the computer actually start up? If not it may have trying to read the SD card for the boot files.

Are you and your brother on friendly terms? Have in the past seen malicious activity where programs could be run to wipe out data at the next bootup.

The computer bootup normally but it wipe out some of my data in my hard drive.
and yeah he was just trying to transfer the photos in his SD card to my PC and no I have never had activities like this.

Last edited:

Ask a Question