All my games keep crashing randomly.

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 all but one or two games on my computer through steam and non steam keep crashing at random points in the game, and not always at the same point. None of my other friends have had this problem from windows 10 so I'm not sure what the problem is I have spent a few hours searching forums but nothing I found has helped. I have tried reinstalling the games and reinstalling Steam but neither fixed the problem just slightly reduced the rate of crashes. When they crash sometimes I get an error although searching the code online did not help, and other times the games just close completely providing me with no error just closing the game.

My Specs are:
Windows Version Windows 10.0 (Build 10240)
CPU Intel Core i5-3570k CPU @3.40GHz Overclocked to 4.40Ghz
GPU Nvidia GeForce Gtx 670
Motherboard ASUS P8277-VLX
RAM 8GB
Directx 12

Reaction score
Hmm.... I upgraded from Preview Build 10159 to build 10240 yesterday and didnt try out any game after that ... Today when I started Splinter Cell Blacklist from Uplay It crashed and so did Other games like The Crew and AC Unity ...... I thought it was the fault of the os but When I entered DxDiag .. I saw that MY GPU Driver is not installed ... The moment I am writing u this , I am currently installing the drivers !!!!

Either case U can try downloading the latest update from Microsoft via Windows Update or re Install ur GPU drivers and underclock ur GPU if u hv overclocked it :)

Reaction score
Hmm.... I upgraded from Preview Build 10159 to build 10240 yesterday and didnt try out any game after that ... Today when I started Splinter Cell Blacklist from Uplay It crashed and so did Other games like The Crew and AC Unity ...... I thought it was the fault of the os but When I entered DxDiag .. I saw that MY GPU Driver is not installed ... The moment I am writing u this , I am currently installing the drivers !!!!

Either case U can try downloading the latest update from Microsoft via Windows Update or re Install ur GPU drivers and underclock ur GPU if u hv overclocked it :)
Ok thank you I will try that now :)

Reaction score
Well I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you found a solution?
Your problem looks very similar to my problem.. Most of my games crash to desktop at some point, not at a certain time interval or something but just a random crash, some games crash more frequently then others like Forza motorsports apex for example.
I tried monitoring my pc to see any problems in my hardware but I didn't find anything and my drivers are up to date.

My Specs are:
Windows Version Windows 10 pro 64 bits (Build 14393)
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @3.20Ghz
GPU
Club 3D Radeon HD7950 '13series (3gb vram)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 R4
RAM 8GB
Directx 12

(ps I want to apologize if I made any mistakes, English is not my native language)

Ask a Question