All my USB devices get disconnected at random.

Reaction score
my Mouse, Keyboard and my audio interface get disabled a few times a day. at seemingly random intervals.
mouse and keyboard are mostly no problem because they reconnect instantly, with one exception today which forced me to restart as win10 refused to detect them again.

but most annoying is when it disconnects my audio interface because it never manages to reconnect without me manually pulling the usb plug out and in.
some programs and game crashs when i do that, or just wouldnt play any sound without restarting the program in question.

i have no clue what could cause that behaviour. i installed win10 a few weeks ago, its a clean install not an update.
this problem hasnt occured ever before last week or something. so i suspect some auto-updates could have messed with it.
i have not tinkered with usb drivers or anything like that,

usually i can fix most of my pc issues myself, with some googling. but i couldnt find the tiniest bit of information about this issue.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you tried disabling the Selective Suspending?

• Start Orb > SEARCH
  • Type in your search bar the following then hit Enter:
    • Edit Power Plan
  • Click on Change advanced power settings
  • Click the + USB Settings, then + USB selective suspend setting
  • Click the Enable then the drop arrow and select disable
  • Click APPLY button

See if that helps.

Happy computing.

Regedit32

Reaction score
yes i had already disabled it for quite some time.

now i enabled it, just to see if anything changes.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Double check Device Manger properties of USB Devices with "hub" in the name. Also human interface devices.
Uncheck the box that says "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

USBhubPwr.JPG

Reaction score
thank you, i hope this will solve my problem, :) i totally forgot about that option.

Reaction score
the problem is still there :/. at first i thought it was gone, as it didnt happened for atleast 24 hours. now it happens every few seconds ._. i changed nothing, its just sooo random -.-

Last edited:
Reaction score
had no problems for a week, now the problem is back...
again i made no changes to the system or drivers whatsoever

Ask a Question