All USB ports disabled after WDF_violation.

Reaction score
For the past week I have been receiving the message " you have been logged in with a temporary profile"

The system keeps creating new temp/userprofiles and storing all documents there. I have reset the target but this has not stopped the system creating these new profiles each time I restarted the system.
I have no access to my own documents as a result

Then I got the
BSOD with an error : page fault in non-paged area
and the endless restart loop.
After disconnecting from power and reconnecting the pc started fine, I logged in and about an hour later got

BSOD and this message : irql_not_less_or_equal
This time the system started itself again and went to the next

BSOD and the WDF_Violation
endless loop again.

When it finally came back, I went into to Settings, Recovery to do a reset while keeping my files but the system just shut down.

I just want to revert to windows 7 and give up on win 10. My problem is now though that all usb ports are dead which means I have no keyboard, mouse or monitor working.

My pc is a HP Pavilion P6-2273eg. My husband has almost the exact same PC and has no problems with win 10 at all.
I upgraded to win 10 from win 7 and have since had regular BSOD's and have already once had to reset to win 7 and reinstall win 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From what you have said, your problem might suggest a hardware problem.
I would probably begin by using MemTest86+ to test the system memory. Running 6 passes to see if it produced any errors.
Grab the ISO, burn it to a CD using ImgBurn and boot your computer from it.
http://memtest86.com/download.htm

There could possibly be a problem with your hard disk.
IF your computer will run long enough for you to open an administrative command prompt run the native Check Disk utility against your OS partition.
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
type "Y" when prompted
hit enter
type
exit
Reboot your computer and let Check Disk see if it finds any problems with the drive. Be aware that this can take a very long time depending on the size of the drive and its' contents.
Do not interrupt it, just let it run until your computer reboots and then check event viewer for the results and see what it says.

Finally it might be simply a driver problem.
Hold the shift key while clicking restart and then use the Advanced Troubleshooting options -> Startup Settings to boot the machine in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with networking and see if the computer runs more reliably in Safe Mode. Not that you can do a lot in Safe Mode but it loads a minimal set of generic drivers and prevents many third party drivers from loading, so it might help determine if a third party driver is causing your issue.
My husband has almost the exact same PC and has no problems with win 10 at all.
Unless it is exactly the same PC then comparing the two is not exactly apples to apples.

Reaction score
From what you have said, your problem might suggest a hardware problem.
I would probably begin by using MemTest86+ to test the system memory. Running 6 passes to see if it produced any errors.
Grab the ISO, burn it to a CD using ImgBurn and boot your computer from it.
http://memtest86.com/download.htm

There could possibly be a problem with your hard disk.
IF your computer will run long enough for you to open an administrative command prompt run the native Check Disk utility against your OS partition.
Right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
type "Y" when prompted
hit enter
type
exit
Reboot your computer and let Check Disk see if it finds any problems with the drive. Be aware that this can take a very long time depending on the size of the drive and its' contents.
Do not interrupt it, just let it run until your computer reboots and then check event viewer for the results and see what it says.

Finally it might be simply a driver problem.
Hold the shift key while clicking restart and then use the Advanced Troubleshooting options -> Startup Settings to boot the machine in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with networking and see if the computer runs more reliably in Safe Mode. Not that you can do a lot in Safe Mode but it loads a minimal set of generic drivers and prevents many third party drivers from loading, so it might help determine if a third party driver is causing your issue.

Unless it is exactly the same PC then comparing the two is not exactly apples to apples.

Hi

thanks for the help.

PC started normally after switching it off and on numerous times. I ran chkdsk, did memtest and checked all the drivers for updates.
PC says that all is good. All windows updates are current.
It still will not boot up normally 99% of the time i.e. no screen and no usd ports accessed.

Anapirana

Ask a Question