All versions of windows patched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The " security flaw " is strictly a Internet Explorer issue.

Microsoft Edge and 3rd party browsers are not affected.
Naturally, it will be only prudent to install the "patch" anyway, which brings to this question......

Patch Tuesday has come and gone, and as of today, Oct 14th, I don't see any new update to patch the flaw, and I have 3 devices running IE11.
Why ?

Same warning is issued by every website except Microsoft. Not a word of warning from MS.
Why ?

Last edited:

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I had 3 updates last night but none for IE11 as don't have it installed

Reaction score
You don't install IE11.
It is already included in Windows 10.
You don't use it, that's fine. Regardless of using it or not using it, Windows Update will still download and install IE11 related updates to the system.
Many if not most users still use IE11 instead of Edge.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features and select Turn Windows feature on or off
AND
Untick Internet Explorer 11
Do you still get updates for IE11

Reaction score
I am not sure that will make a difference.
My understanding is :
Unchecking the box only disable IE, not uninstall.
And, if it is still in the system.....................

Furthermore, I don't believe the OP had IE box unchecked anyway.

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
If you go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features and select Turn Windows feature on or off
AND
Untick Internet Explorer 11
Do you still get updates for IE11
Yes I do

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
My understanding is :

unchecked it and it goes from the system, to get it back re tick it and it restarts the computer and if you want you can reuse it again
have posted about it on another forum and proved it works
By the way how do you upload a photo without going through a third party

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you are talking about uploading an image within a reply on this forum......
Simply click the "Upload a File" button under the reply box you are typing in.
Make sure you have the cursor location set if you are choosing the full image option for proper placement of the image with respect to the text in your reply.

Reaction score
unchecked it and it goes from the system, to get it back re tick it and it restarts the computer and if you want you can reuse it again
have posted about it on another forum and proved it works

Rest assured, the parties involve in this thread knew that long ago.

Use Print Screen or better Snipping Tool to capture an image> Paint > do any editing if needed > save it.

Come to the forum, open the thread in question > at the bottom, Upload a File > browse to the picture saved in the computer > click it > click Open >once uploaded , click at a spot where you want the photo to be placed, click Full Image.

upload a pic.jpg

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
There you are no IE 11 I Unchecked it

Attachments

• File Exploror.png
    File Exploror.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 581

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
My understanding is :

Just proved I have but members on here so dis believing that I know why I left once before so this is now my last post.
I came on here to help and all I got is doubt will go and post on forum where I am welcome and we can have a laugh

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
members on here so dis believing that I know why I left once before so this is now my last post.
Sorry to see you go.
We are not in the business of driving contributors away.
Asking for clarification or additional information with respect to a post is not the same thing as "dis believing"
I have noticed in some instances, on the part of some folks, a propensity to critique a contributor's post rather that actually addressing the OP's question, but......
I think you'll find that on a lot of forums, and.....
I personally, generally ignore it and refuse to take it personally, as I don't think in most cases it is intended as a personal attack but rather perhaps a poorly worded reply in an effort to get more details regarding a statement.
I myself may be guilty of that behavior in some instances but assure you and anyone else who may be reading this that, it is never my intention to imply any disrespect but rather, to add to the discourse some additional information or even a question based on my own observations or understanding, which I accept and honestly admit can be and often is..... flawed.
That's just part of being human and working within a text based environment where, typed responses can often seem to be something they were never intended to be.

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
Sorry to see you go.
We are not in the business of driving contributors away.
Asking for clarification or additional information with respect to a post is not the same thing as "dis believing"
I have noticed in some instances, on the part of some folks, a propensity to critique a contributor's post rather that actually addressing the OP's question, but......
I think you'll find that on a lot of forums, and.....
I personally, generally ignore it and refuse to take it personally, as I don't think in most cases it is intended as a personal attack but rather perhaps a poorly worded reply in an effort to get more details regarding a statement.
I myself may be guilty of that behavior in some instances but assure you and anyone else who may be reading this that, it is never my intention to imply any disrespect but rather, to add to the discourse some additional information or even a question based on my own observations or understanding, which I accept and honestly admit can be and often is..... flawed.
That's just part of being human and working within a text based environment where, typed responses can often seem to be something they were never intended to be.

Another member asked me to stay and I will and ignore that certain person.
I told members on another forum how I did it and one or two have even done the same.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok lets move on I only post on things I know and have tried and tested and know works
And that should generally, for all practical purposes be sufficent and enough, however........
With the vast array of hardware and software combinations that exist in all corners of the planet, sometimes what may work for you and me, may not work for everyone
Take the example of the thread(s) on by-passing the Windows Password using "netplwiz" or "control userpasswords2", that works for me and has always worked for me, maybe..... you too?
However, it obviously doesn't work for everyone. IDK why it doesn't, it just apparently doesn't.
AND... there are a lot of engineers at Microsoft, as we speak, that are scratching their heads over a whole host of issues with Windows 10, that are apparently very difficult to duplicate.
They know "it works", heck it works 99 times out of a 100, but there is still that one, and with 150 million installs and counting one every one hundred or so, starts to add up.

So, you can be "right" and still in some cases be "wrong".

hTconeM9user

Reaction score
Yes I know that but when he said I had not got rid of it when he had not even checked and when I posted proof he did not even come back and say sorry.
If I post something and it turns out wrong I would say sorry.
You see the reason I removed IE11 was it had been crashing my system since removed, no crashes, or freezes

Reaction score
Yes I know that but when he said I had not got rid of it when he had not even checked and when I posted proof he did not even come back and say sorry.
If I post something and it turns out wrong I would say sorry.
You see the reason I removed IE11 was it had been crashing my system since removed, no crashes, or freezes

WHAT proof do you have ?
You posted a screenshot that has absolutely nothing to do with IE11.
Your screenshot is a File Options. Where is Internet Explorer in your screenshot ?

I did not post back because I don't feel like dealing with you anymore.
The one who is wrong is YOU.
I have absolutely nothing to say "I am sorry" for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question