All Windows Are Showing From Right To Left

Reaction score
Hello all;

Not sure if you will understand my problem but I tried to search it everywhere but was not able to actually find the correct searching criteria so I was not able to fix my problem. My laptop has win 10 and it was always in English. All my windows used to have the menus (file, edit, view...etc.) on the left and the (X) to close the window on the right. for all my windows like control panel and my computer. But now they are reversed (X) on the left and menus are on the right. Not sure why or how to fix it. I tried searching but couldn't find anything then I found this forum and now seeking help

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Sambosat,

You are talking about the Windows Title bar Control set buttons (Close, Min, Max).

There used to be a third party program called Leftsider which when running swapped these buttons to the left side of an active window.

Another Third party application called Yosemite Transformation Pack had a number of features to allow a PC user to give their desktop theme a Macintosh Look.

Perhaps someone else uses you computer and has installed one of the above third party tools, or some other third party tool. You could take a look and see if they are present or not. Both tools allow you to reverse the look back.

Happy Computing.

Regedit32

Reaction score
thank you Regedit for the reply. Please see attachment for what I meant. The laptop is only used by me and this problem was reported to me by my brother in low also. I'm not sure if the location where I'm living has to do anything with it (system locale. I currently live in the middle east if this haas any effect

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,136
Reaction score
Did you possibly download the OS locally?

Before doing this, make an image/backup of your existing OS
Could be this. Settings - Time and language - Region and language. - Add a language.
Choose your preference. (English?)
Go back to "Time and language" and click the language you have just installed.
Under "Options" choose "download"
When the download is complete, open the Control Panel and choose "Languages"
You should now be able to change the default to English, as the GUI interface.

Reaction score
Did you possibly download the OS locally?

Before doing this, make an image/backup of your existing OS
Could be this. Settings - Time and language - Region and language. - Add a language.
Choose your preference. (English?)
Go back to "Time and language" and click the language you have just installed.
Under "Options" choose "download"
When the download is complete, open the Control Panel and choose "Languages"
You should now be able to change the default to English, as the GUI interface.

That rocks. Ah At last thank you Mr. davehc. That solved my problem and now everything is to my liking. Much appreciate your assistance and the assistance of Mr. regedit32. Thank you for an awesome support. Much much appreciated.

Ask a Question