AMD Graphic card problems with windows 10

Reaction score
Hi,
Since installing Win10, (about 3 weeks ago) I have had intermittent problems with my display and sound. I usually attach my comp to a TV via hdmi cable.
Sometimes the will be no sound, sometimes the comp screen is a sort of coloured negative image (and TV display is OK).
Sometimes the sound will disappear part way through watching video on TV display.

The problems seem to be becoming more frequent. I am concerned that some damage may be happening to graphics cards, computer etc

I use a Toshiba Satellite L875 -10G. 64bit. AMD Radeon HD 7600series. Directx 11.2

Any advice will be helpful

Reaction score
The usual suggestion in fora about TV and Home Theatre is to first replace the HDMI cable with a new one and see if the problem goes away. The HDMI connector is a known weak link in the system.

Reaction score
Thanks Tim, I'll try that.
Looking into the video quality a bit more I've discovered that it has become impossible to alter the brightness via settings/display. And I am wondering if there is a deeper problem with windows 10 and the graphics card.

Reaction score
I did invest quite some in the best HDMI cable available, I can see the movie but still no sound at all on my hometheater though it shows all what is required is available and working properly, even showing green lines. It all fails, it just doesn't work. Our rescue is that it all works fine and smooth from my daughters PC which still is running on windows 7 and I am really upset about it. I can't go back and get rid of this really horrible windows 10, The issue of your graphic card stopped working and did reset as a service is another big thing. You stupid communists. you broke my entertainment of an old game. Ooooh, it is my fault, I should understand microsoft have to make progress and they have no time to solve these small problems. I realize I shouldn't be that harsh but Microsoft is no different from North-Korea in approach.
If someone still has an official and legit windows 7 for sale be my quest. Even if it is just for 3 years I would die to get back to windows 7. This whole windows 10 is a one big source of frustration and mistake. I do understand more protection, I do understand it is neccesary.Nevertheless I had to download a 3thparty tool to get my windows 7 desktop really back on windows 10. Those telephone tile nerds have taken it all over it and where I agree they should have and deserve their progress. I don't agree it should fail on a conventional old user. Finally you understand all of it and then some stupid nerd decides it si being much better to hide all features somewhere else. Again I don't wan't to be harsh but it is a clear choice and that choice makes clear the feauture and why I am not part of it. Actually Microsoft says they don't want me anymore. They don't need me anymore. Probably they would kill me as being useless and I guess they would and not hesitate if they could do so. So, I go to Mac, and yes they work with the stupid tiles even more. But the with Mac it just does work and that is a big difference isn't it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I do love a good rant.
Although it might have been better as a standalone thread rather than appended to a thread that was about to celebrate its' first birthday.
And ......
Capitalism (Microsoft) and Communism (North Korea) are about as far apart as you can get in the political spectrum.

Reaction score
@Teipreob. Have you checked that your current sound playback device is selected to the HDMI device, presumably either a TV or an AVR and also presumably via HDMI. It IS possible to set the pc to use separate devices for video and sound.

Reaction score
Hmm, yes, Trouble you should read it with some humor of course, a good laugh meanwhile isn't bad. I did choose this line because it isn't a new problem. True, Capitalism and Communism are far apart from each other but they do have something in common. Both will very easy make protective decisions for you. Yes, Tim I did all that and I checked it several times. I didn't see the possibility to use separate devices at the same time though. I can select them and in my case I have to select the Insignia AMD and it says it works perfect. No sound however. It works from windows 7, I checked that with two separate devices. They just pick it up and it works fine. I don't know what got into my head upgrading to Windows 10 it is one of their worst products after ME. I was happy Windows 7 and now I ain't anymore and not just because of this small issue. After all, I can burn a BlueRay and play it all direct from hometheater within 15 minutes.

Reaction score
Exactly what graphics card do you have? HDMI works perfectly using my hd7950 and my gtx460. Anything older than an hd7700 series is now legacy, and not supported by AMD anymore. That may be your issue.

Ask a Question