SOLVED An unidentified download showed up on my desktop

Reaction score
I was online just checking out some things, checking Facebook. I didn't download anything. When I closed down my browser there was an icon on my desktop that was not there before.

I'm concerned because I have no idea where this came from.
ManageEngine_PMP_64bit.exe and the description is ManageEngine Password Manager Pro. (see attached screenshot)

Does anyone have any idea why or how this appeared and should I be contacting my security forum instead?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 566
Reaction score
Hi Nikilet,

are you using the MicroSoft FB app?, if you are, I would stop using it and use FB via a browser, I don't know what the app is but if you right click the icon > Properties, it may tell you more?. :)

Reaction score
I think you must have clicked on an icon, by accident, whilst using facebook.
The program is, as you have found, Manage for passwords. It is a trial, which will expire and probably leave the icon sitting on the desktop.

I am sure that, if you look in the Control Panel - Programs and features, you will see it in the list and can uninstall it from there.

Reaction score
I am not using Microsoft FB app. I don't think I accidentally clicked on some icon while using FB. I was not on my list of Programs and Features, so however it got there, I just put it in the trash.

Thanks, you guys/gals, for answering.

Ask a Question