Analytics SDK - Crashing Browser??

Reaction score
Hello, the last couple of days I have been having problems with my browser crashing after about 10mins of use, and it wont reload, I have to restart my computer to get it to work again. So I uninstalled then reinstalled Google Chrome but that did not fix the issue, so I tried installing Firefox, still had the same problem. So I called Comcast they came out checked everything gave me a new modem and said everything was running fine. So I'm guessing its something within my computer that is causing it to crash. When I check my task manager I noticed something new at the top of my memory usage called: Analytics SDK (using around 290 mb) also noticed it under McClientAnalytics.exe - I dont ever recall seeing those on my task manager before and now they are at the top of the list. Could this be why my browser keeps crashing and if so how do I get rid of it, I dont see it on my control panel for uninstall. Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Same exact thing happening to me. Do you have Mcafee Virus protection ? I think when that program runs McClientAnalytics.exe against Analytics SDK it hangs all the browsers. I also noticed an update to Mcafee when this issue started. Check see if you had mcafee vulnerability scanner update loaded recently. Check your system restore points. Im going to reach out to Mcafee see what they recommend. More on this here https://community.mcafee.com/thread/97010?start=0&tstart=0

Reaction score
Jason , This solved the problem for me. Found on community mcafee thread above

1. Reboot (see step 5).

2. Open your Services (local) either from Admin Tools or from Windows Settings - Search "services" - View Local Services.

3. Find ClientAnalyticsService.

4. To verify that you are dealing with the McAfee analytics service, right-click Properties and check that the path to executable reads:

>"C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\Legacy\McClientAnalytics.exe"

5. To turn off the service, change Startup type from Manual to Disabled. This only seems to work after a fresh reboot; otherwise, it will just hang on "stopping..."

6. With the service now disabled, reboot again.

Reaction score
This is interesting. I thought I was the only one as I couldn't find anything online and was getting all my data and logs ready for this. This is exactly which problem I am having, so thank you for posting this. The explanation makes sense, and it seems mine uses upwards of 4GB of RAM and just hangs. I can't kill the browsers, or the McAfee services to help. I contacted McAfee and they seemed to not understand what I was telling them. I'll take the above steps (thanks, Steve1563) when I get home today.

Reaction score
I have been free and clear of this problem since last week. My McAfee is up for renewal in May , will probably go with different product. Until then , will keep client services disabled and use Firefox just to be safe. Let me know how you make out , good luck.

Reaction score
I don't think this is McAfee. Never showed "analyticsSDK" before on my computer task manager and I did an internet search on it---it is a merchant program of googles to track your visits to websites and connect to apps. My computer also crashes after a few minutes with this thing on it since it popped up a few weeks ago and I've been trying to get it off of my computer. I don't have any droid or any apps that would need this thing and it is driving me crazy---uses 1500+MB often when I am on. I did find that if you bring up task manager right after start up and click the drop besides analyticsSDK then mcclientanalytics shows--I click to end that task then can go on without problems until i log off and come back in and have to inactivate it again. Useless to me and very annoying.

Reaction score
So one final post script. Woke up this morning and browser hung , first time in two weeks. So I checked Local services and ClientAnalyticsService was enabled again. There was no update from McAfee but a security update over night from microsoft windows KB3021952 which I assume must of enabled that program. I disabled it again and no problem I was able to get to the internet from all three browsers. I will be going with Kapersky when Mcafee subscription ends in May.

Reaction score
Also, thank you Steve 1563. This problem has been plaguing me since shortly before this thread was started. I applied your six steps and it seems to be fixed, at least for now. I understand I need to replace the McAfee with something else ASAP or it will return.

Reaction score
So one final post script. Woke up this morning and browser hung , first time in two weeks. So I checked Local services and ClientAnalyticsService was enabled again. There was no update from McAfee but a security update over night from microsoft windows KB3021952 which I assume must of enabled that program. I disabled it again and no problem I was able to get to the internet from all three browsers. I will be going with Kapersky when Mcafee subscription ends in May.
Thanks Steve. I just need the laptop to operate and as I'm not confident changing settings your post has been a massive help. Thank you.

Reaction score

1. Reboot (see step 5).

2. Open your Services (local) either from Admin Tools or from Windows Settings - Search "services" - View Local Services.

4. To verify that you are dealing with the McAfee analytics service, right-click Properties and check that the path to executable reads:

>"C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\Legacy\McClientAnalytics.exe"

5. To turn off the service, change Startup type from Manual to Disabled. This only seems to work after a fresh reboot; otherwise, it will just hang on "stopping..."

Steve, Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. It has worked so very well. Excellent info. I wish I was technical enough to return the favor. Unfortunately, I'm not.

Reaction score
Glad to help Frank. Mcafee going to lose some subscriptions for sure unless they come up with a fix soon.

Reaction score
Had the same issues for the last week and everything froze while this analyticSDK ran doing research found it was Mcafee. I was on with a Mcafee customer service in some far off land and they had no clue what this was. I tried most of the suggested fixes above but keep coming back. I found out that my Mcafee was up for renewal next month and decided to switch to Kapersky and now all problems gone. Mcafee is the problem and they don't even know it.

Reaction score
The engineers are aware , not the call center. No surprise there. They are working on a fix , but Ill proabaly switch anyway when subscription is due. According to them , disabling Client services this doesn't impact virus protection but who knows , just not worth it to me. link is here if anyone wants to read.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/433242#433242

Reaction score
One more fervent thank you. I still use POP email, which was working fine, but all browsers were hanging, so I thought it might be some sort of bot running on the http/https ports, and was assuming I was going to have to reload the o/s -- or pay to have someone do it.

Reaction score

1. Reboot (see step 5).

Thanks Steve, this worked great. It didn't work the first time, because I thought you just clicked OK. I didn't know you had to click "Apply"

Reaction score
"Steve1563,

1. Reboot (see step 5).

Thank you, Steve, for posting this info. I followed the instructions and my computer is running smoothly again. I am very grateful for your help.

Ask a Question