Annoying Pop up

Reaction score
Glen

I keep getting this pop up every time I start my Laptop : Email There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is installed,create an association in the Default Programs control panel. then a box marked OK – Isn’t Windows 10 MAIL a email program??? Also I have not requested any action in the first place.

any help would be appreciated

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Glen,

I've seen that particular issue some years ago where Outlook Mail although installed triggered this alert.

I know you mentioned the Windows 10 Mail in your post and I am assuming thus this is your client to access mail.

However, do you happen to have Outlook setup too?

One thing you could also do for me is a simple reg query command as the result from that will assist me to confirm whether you are experiencing the issue I'm all ready aware of that can be fixed reasonably easily, but before we go there it'd be best to determine your actual setup.

Re that command though:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt
  • In the Command Prompt window type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail"

Press Enter key to execute the command then post the results back or post a screen capture of the results please.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Glen,

I've seen that particular issue some years ago where Outlook Mail although installed triggered this alert.

I know you mentioned the Windows 10 Mail in your post and I am assuming thus this is your client to access mail.

However, do you happen to have Outlook setup too?

One thing you could also do for me is a simple reg query command as the result from that will assist me to confirm whether you are experiencing the issue I'm all ready aware of that can be fixed reasonably easily, but before we go there it'd be best to determine your actual setup.

Re that command though:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt
  • In the Command Prompt window type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail"

Press Enter key to execute the command then post the results back or post a screen capture of the results please.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
That all looks normal.

The one thing that does stick out though is its not displaying LastUserInitiatedDefaultChange which implies you may not have gone to Default App Settings and set up one of your clients listed in your post as the Default client for email.

If you click on Search and type Default App Settings then press Enter a window will open and in top right side will be Email where you can choose your client.

Ask a Question