Another startup when connected with internet

Reaction score
When I startup my pc and internet is connected ( Idon't use wifi, but only cable) I get a totally different startup account, within my login name and password.
This seems to be an second account. It will show just a few icons and ask to setup Internet Explorer. Its just the startup screen as if a new W10 account was created.
When I disconnect from the internet and startup again, then my own, windows 10 account, with my own icons and background starts up.
Yesterday, when it happend for the first time, I was working at a clients office, so I thought it had to do with my clients network.
But today, being at home, the same thing happend again.

Reaction score
This happens when your user account can't be opened. Usually, as you stated a 2nd restart will open your user profile! If this happens often you should run so DISM tools to repair your windows.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f

open a CMD Prompt in Admin mode type CMD then select cmd.exe right click and select open as an administrator.
Copy and paste each tool and allow them to run some will take quite a while to complete as it is correcting errors.
The SFC/scannow should be run 3 times back to back that should fix you.
If that doesn't fix you then do a Repair Install. Down load and create a USB from MCT Start the install from within windows, then be sure to select keep my files and folders this will keep all your software and data and most settings.

Ask a Question