SOLVED Anti Virus Programs?

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing from forum members on their opinion and recommendations on real time antivirus programs. Currently have 3 PC's with Win 10 Pro and Malwarebytes Premium and Avira. Avira does a good job, but I think there are most likely better antivirus products out there that run well in conjunction with Mambam. I'm leaning towards switching to Avast?

Thanks! Looking forward to your opinions.

Norton

Reaction score
Malwarebytes CCleaner and Defender is all i use on my 4 PCs
That's all I use as well. All I need is some kind of notification and then system image time. As for the notification, the virus itself usually does that. For the most part; I don't need an Anti-virus monitoring my system, I do that myself.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'll cast another upvote for those.
I've deloused my fair share of computers that had any top tier AV program you can name installed on it.
You're the best AV you can employ on any system.
Whatever you choose I would recommend that you examine the overhead that in brings with it in the form of additional running modules / processes and services and then try to pick something that isn't overly resource hungry with the smallest footprint you can find.
Bitdefender used to be that program, but I haven't used it in years and with the trend being that AV programs regardless of name wanting to be all things from AV scanner, to general malware scanner, to email scanner, to weblink scanner to firewall product you may be hard pressed to find something that doesn't add a half dozen or more extra services to run a startup

Reaction score
Malwarebytes Free and Windows Defender here. I used Avast up until they started using Google analytics to monitor their customer's web viewing habits. Avast also doubled my boot up times. And Avast became way too bloated for me. Personally I wouldn't use Avast anymore.

Reaction score
I've always used AVG free. It does what it claims to do and never had a problem with it.

Stay away from Norton ...Norton.

Reaction score
That isn't strictly true. Most free software downloads will try to add 'extras' and they are easily removed.
So you didn't understand the quote I was commenting to. I wasn't commenting about bundled applications in the installer. I was commenting to the bloat packaged in the AV software, not the installer.

Reaction score
I run Malwarebytes Premium, the license covers 3 PC installs. Mambam Premium actually disables the default Windows Defender. I'm happy with Avira I can see its real time protection working and it runs well along side of Mambam. I installed the same on my daughters PC her youngest is all over the web with kids games, skype, YouTube, Roblox... I try and check her PC often and never ever found and malware, Pups...But I have see as much as 1GB of temp files when cleaning with CCleaner, Glary 5 Utilities, and Malware Hunter and Malwarebytes.
Thanks for your all of your input. I guess it comes down to that there is no perfect program, it's a matter of your comfort zone.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Mambam Premium actually disables the default Windows Defender
Double check and confirm.
I know that many top tier AVs do this, but it has never been my experience with Malwarebytes Premium. I've always found that they seem to work fine, SxS (side by side).

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Does this remind anyone of Honest Abe's used cars? We've got every fix you could possibly need right here. Just register (insert credit card number) here for free trial.

Reaction score
Trouble that is strange. I disabled Malware bytes and windows Defender activated, I actually did my first scan with it.
Re enabled Malwarebytes Premium 2.2.1.1043 version and received this message when I tried to start Widows Defender.

upload_2016-6-13_22-32-40.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK.....maybe that's, the very old, original Windows Defender, although I could be wrong.
All I know is that when I check
services.msc
MBAMService
MBAMScheduler
and
Windows Defender Service
Are all three, set to Automatic and are Running
AND
Task Manager 'Details' tab shows the same.

Reaction score
IDK.....maybe that's, the very old, original Windows Defender, although I could be wrong.
All I know is that when I check
services.msc
MBAMService
MBAMScheduler
and
Windows Defender Service
Are all three, set to Automatic and are Running
AND
Task Manager 'Details' tab shows the same.

Been there too just MBAM Service and MBAM Scheduler running; Windows Defender Service Stopped, Can't start it. Message says "Windows Defender Service started then stopped, some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs".

Ask a Question