Anti virus protection

Reaction score
I have downloaded Windows 10 successfully but wonder about virus protection. I have Mcfee virus security suite and wondered if I still need to have Windows Firewall and Windows Defender or should I disable these

Reaction score
I have downloaded Windows 10 successfully but wonder about virus protection. I have Mcfee virus security suite and wondered if I still need to have Windows Firewall and Windows Defender or should I disable these
do you have a paid suite with mcafee antivirus if you do then use it as you paid for it. if you have a free antivirus suite from them i would remove it and use the defender that comes with windows 10. just don't run both together as they can conflict with each other.
i would never recommend disabling your firewall as it is one line of defense for blocking attacks etc.
just my opinion.

the poorguy

Reaction score
My new Toshiba laptop came loaded with McAfee LiveAntivirus, on a trial basis. I decided to try it and have had zero problems. However, I found that it will shut down all or parts of the built-in Windows 10 Antivirus suite.

Ask a Question