SOLVED Antivirus

Reaction score
So, now that I've had Windows10 for several days now, what kind of protection and/or antivirus should I be using. When I had Win7, I used MS Security Essentials and Spybot S&D. I know MS SE is not supported anymore, but can or should use Spybot S&D? I'm a cheap bastard, so I like the free stuff!

Reaction score
Defender here as well since I changed to Windows 10 five years ago. It has never let me down and is not a resource hog like all the others. That comes in handy when old and older hardware is in play...

Reaction score
If you like the free stuff then you should use MalwareBytes free version.
It is the best Antivirus for your system and it has a free side to it.

If that is too much for you then Windows Defender is more than enough if you keep away from suspicious websites.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It is the best Antivirus for your system
Malwarebytes is not a true AV....says so on it's website. If it was a true AV then installing it would turn off Defender as it does with other real AV's and not run side by side with Defender. The paid version offers real time protection especially for bad url's and will block access to said site, along with other protection services.

Reaction score
I know this thread is marked as solved but I thought I would throw the following link in so people can take a look. Windows Defender gets 5.5, 5.5 and 6.0, there is only one AV app from Trend Micro that gets a clear 6 across the board. :)

The report is from April 2020 so may not be totally accurate as we are now in middle June 2020?. :eek:

Ask a Question