Anything to do with Video or Audio is not working on Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm experiencing a unique issue with my Windows lately.

1. My Audio is not playing and I get a red cross sign. The video runs perfectly fine in this case.
But as I try troubleshooting the issue, the red cross disappears and the video stops working.

This is the case whether it's on youtube or vlc media player or any player installed on my laptop.
Also I can't run any audio streaming sites as well like gaana.com or saavn.com

2. When the videos do play the sound doesn't work. When sound shows it's working the video doesn't play.

Attaching 2 screenshots.

In the 2nd screenshot, the audio displays to be working but video is stuck, no matter where I take the video slider. The video doesn't play. This happens on youtube, vimeo or any other video and audio streaming sites as well across different web browsers.

Attachments

• when audio is not working.png
    when audio is not working.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 195
  • when video is not working.png
    when video is not working.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 196
Reaction score
Hi @onesoftindiana,

what version of Win 10 are you running?:

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your GPU/Soundcard?. :)

Reaction score
Windows 10 Home

Yes I have the latest drivers for GPU and Soundcard.

I restarted my laptop 2-3 times and started working fine again. Will update if the issue comes back.

Reaction score
I would still do an upgrade (you should be on ver 1909) anyway to stay on top of security patches Etc!. ;)

Reaction score
1903 will receive security updates until Dec, 2020, 1809 until May, 2021, and 1803 until Nov., 2020.

Ask a Question