App, preview pane and text sizes all out of wack

Nik

Reaction score
Hi, since updating my remote computer to windows 10 recently so many things resized to an awkward size. Some are too big, some too small and will no longer zoom in and out, and the attachemet preview only fills the area if i set my local computer to a miniscule scale. This is driving me nuts. Help!

Enjoyed 8 years of no issues with windows 7 on the remote PC and windows 10 on my local pc. The screen resolution was perfect in both locations without even trying. Windows and apps dragged, resized and zoomed in and out with ease. Text was clear. A few weeks ago programs told me i needed to update the remote PC to windows 10 or else. So I finally did, knowing that i had used windows 10 on my local laptop for years without issue.

But, after updating it, when I log in remotely (which is the only way i have ever used that PC), everything was MASSIVE, blurry, and went off the sides and would not zoom in. so i mucked around with the display settings and had to send someone to plug a screen & keyboard into the remote computer as you cant adjust the remote PC display settings from a remote computer anymore. Try as might, I cant get everything to a suitable size. Some things are still too big, but others are now too small. Not all programs will zoom in and out any more. The attachment preview and preview pane only be a useable size if i make the resolution on my local laptop 100%, but this is ridiculously tiny - the icons pinned to the bottom bar are like pin pricks. Its a mess and driving me nuts. is there any solution to this?

Ask a Question