Are these IE problems related....

Reaction score
I have chosen to post this in the Windows 10 section as the problems arose only in 10.
Regularly and more when viewing, mainly newspapers, I get a window appearing telling me IE has encountered a problem and has to either shutdown or close program, also on occasions I may have two or three tabs open at the top of the screen, sometimes there is no content in them, I can select them or even close them, but there is nothing in there, not even the X.

Another strange event is occasionally my minimise-full screen-close at the top RH corner are missing but placing the cursor over it will show the symbol and just to complicate this situation further, when I click out of a page I randomly get asked 'Do I want to leave this page' just to repeat all these events are random and erratic.

Regard the latter, the box is unchecked in options re- ask before closing a tab.

JW.

Reaction score
DO you get the same problems with Edge or one of the other common browsers?
Hi TL.
Cannot say for certain, originally I tried to go all Microsoft using Edge, but the pages where always cluttered with too many bars and no matter which combination of omitting and including I just could not get a clean un-cluttered page the same as Googles.
Not sure if this is related, when I view a certain on-line newspaper and scroll down the page, touch pad finger scrolling is erratic and sometimes latent in that it jerks and often ends up way past what I wanted to view, unless I scroll using the arrow down on the bottom right of screen ......... BUT.... if I use Edge to view the newspaper the finger scrolling via the touch pad is fine.... although not credible It is almost as if Microsoft sabotages the use of another search engine.
JW.

Ask a Question