ASUS instant on

Reaction score
I'm looking over the Internet to find a solution for stopping this aggravating "ASUS Instant on" then something to the effect of not being able to bring out of deep sleep.
This thing has started over the last several days and not sure why. Is there someone here that can please give me a simple fix to put this thing to a permanent rest.

Reaction score
As soon as I posted this question, here's what I found ...

ASUS InstantOn
Startup type : Windows Service
Service Name : ASUS InstantOn
Display Name : ASUS InstantOn Service
Dll path : Not Answered.
Image path : C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstantOn\InsOnSrv.exe
Current Status : Auto/Stopped

How to disable this service.
Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)
Copy red command line and Paste.
sc stop "ASUS InstantOn"
sc config "ASUS InstantOn" start= disabled

-----------------------------------------------

I executed the two commands and shall wait and see if it works or the computer begins to smoke.
Does this sound plausible to all you Techs in here?

Reaction score
I must admit that I just go to righgt click on Start-> Computer management-> services and deal with things like your Asus thingy there rather than using a command prompt.

Must be getting old and lazy.

Reaction score
With the amount of replies rolling in, it appears some fear for the fix that doesn't work. Would any other silencer be brave enough to stand up to the plate?

Reaction score
^^^ Computer Management has been the way to deal with services since...Windows 2000 or thereabouts.

Reaction score
Oh oh oh, I see what you're saying. So as you say, this is the simpler way to go. Super! Thing was though, I couldn't find how to disable that because I didn't know how. Finally finding it on the Internet and the instructions thereof, I was only too glad to do what was said. If one doesn't know, one might be doing things the old way but the fact that it's fixed, I don't care. I'm not even blushing. But I do appreciate you pointing that out to me. My, the joys of being a novice. :)

Ask a Question