Audio crashes

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having problem with audio on my notebook. Audio works fine for some time, until it stops functioning at all. The only solution I have found is to uninstall speakers device (Realtek), and then restart computer. However, this solves the problem only for few minutes, then the problem repeats again (after playing some videos with sound, audio stops working again). It is not very pleasant to unistnall speakers hardware and restart computer every few minutes. I also tried a solution, where you click with right mouse button on windows sound icon in taskbar (bottom right), then selecting the second item from the menu, double clicking on speakers list in the first tab, then in new window the last tab, where you can change the frequency and sampling. The change of frequency and sampling didn't help and also clicking on the Test button returned message, that the sound failed to be played.
I haven't found any other solution yet. Do you know where's the problem?

Info:
OS Win 10 Home, 64 bit
Sound hardware: Realtek High Definition Audio (latest driver),
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Very often hardware drivers for laptops need to be obtained from the computer manufacturer, rather than the hardware device manufacturer ( in you case "Realtek")
Check the computer manufacturer's website for the latest driver they have for your particular computer.
If that doesn't work, then perhaps try one of the older drivers if they have any previous versions listed.
Some details as to the laptop involved might be helpful... Manufacturer, Model Name, Model Number, etc.... just in case someone else has run into an identical problem on the same device or at least something similar.

Ask a Question