Audio headset issue

Reaction score
Hello, I have been having problems with the audio jack recognition. The system asks me what the device is when I insert it I chose headset, but it doesn't recognize it. It plays sounds through the headset but doesn't recognize the mic, as if i thinks the headsets are the speakers. When I go to the sound settings in the control panel only the speakers show up. I checked disabled devices and still nothing. I reinstalled the audio drivers multiple times and reset windows, nothing. I then noticed that hd audio manager isn't in the control panel so I tried installing it but it said that the drivers aren't compatible with the device. I have also noticed that the pc is picking up onboard sound aka. Youtube, games, etc. when i use discord. I have no idea what to do anymore i have tried basicly everything including other headsets and still nothing. I have an Acer nitro 5 AN515-54.

Reaction score
Hi,

have you looked in Control Panel > Device manager to see if there is a problem there?, by that I mean any yellow signs with exclamation marks showing?.

Is there a setting in BIOS that might affect your sound settings?. Did it work okay before?.

What version of Win 10 do you have?. An upgrade may help solve the problem should it be necessary?. :)

Ask a Question