SOLVED Audio problems after W10 latest and greatest update...

Reaction score
Sounds like a 1920s Victrolla. Uninstalled updates and all was well. MS snuck the update back in while I was not looking. Any fixes for restoring the audio? Please speak slowly and distinctly, I am old and cranky and used to fixing things with a large hammer...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :).

You could also try rolling back your audio drivers - it may be that these were upgraded in that last update and have problems. I'd do this by uninstalling your existing ones (via Device manager) and then installing the current version from your OEM drivers page (unless this is also very recent, in which case I'd try a slightly older version).

What would really help us is to know a little more about your system - do you know the make and model, as this will give us some hardware details.

Reaction score
Thanks to Wolfie and Ian. I installed HP driver(s) and I have sound. I did not even have to break out the nail gun. I appreciate the advice.

Ask a Question