SOLVED Aug 2017 Update problems

Reaction score
After the Aug 8 update to 1607, I am having multiple problems. First, the update and security setting just sits there with no info. Second, Chrome takes about 10 minutes to load; Firefox is fine. My Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN was having problems. Following their tech support, I got rid of current program, did a new download, and it hangs during the install (I let it rub for several hours). At one point, my File Explorer lost everything and couldn't finish restoring after several hours. Shut down, restarted, all things back. Help please.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I came here to post that I solved it. Kept at it for a pretty long time and finally, everything came back as it should. My final push was uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. I actually think that I may have had errors during the original Windows update and my (many) reboots and shutdowns finally got them all in place. I say that because different things happened every time I rebooted or shut down. I couldn't see what happened during the update because my updates page was toast and I have lost all update history.

Ask a Question