Auto Services Stopped

Reaction score
New to the forums so hi everyone and if this question has been asked please direct I couldn't find it on my own.

To make a long story short I have a machine with update from 7 pro 64 to 10 64 pro
I've got a mix of services that need to be running at startup but keep getting stopped.
It's not constant either, sometimes a reboot will fix the issue and other times do nothing.
I'll get on and find select services stopped one day and running another day.
Service are both 3rd party and Windows like gpupdate and if you know shadow protect.
I've updated dozens of machines and haven't seen this happen before.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Perhaps you could be a bit more specific regarding the actual names of the services.
I have neither gpupdate nor shadow protect showing as a service in services.msc.
gpupdate is usally a command you issue when you want to force a group policy object change to take effect.
I suppose something might have been inherited from the upgrade and unfortunately I do not have a windows 7 upgrade to investigate.

Reaction score
Oops bad force of habit
gpsvc

The third party services I'm using is from the company shadow protect.
VSNAPSS
STC_raw_agent
these two are my problem children but I've also had other services from third party screen Connect
ScreenConnect Client (yes that is how the service is written)

Reinstalled both programs that own these services several times but I keep getting this issue.
For the most part the services will start on command "net start service_name" and will stay on for maybe a day or two then they will stop either on there own or after a reboot.

Ask a Question