SOLVED Auto sign in?

Reaction score
Can windows 10 be set to auto sign-in?
If so, how can I do it?
Why does it have to be so hard to find anything?

Reaction score
Right click windows and hit run, unchecking the box does nothing for me. Can we print exactly how to opt out of mandated login ?

Reaction score
Found answer, was same as Windows 8 I used before. Again, I ask, why is this stuff so hard to find?
  1. Type netplwiz in the search box at the bottom left. You may receive a prompt asking for the administrative password. This opens the User Accounts control panel applet on the screen.
  2. Select the user account from the list that you want the system to log in to automatically. Uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and click apply.
  3. You are prompted to enter the account password which Windows will use to sign in.
  4. Check the user account displayed by Windows to make sure it is the right one.
  5. After you have entered the password twice and clicked on ok, restart the PC to test the change.

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of places where this solution is suggested. Problem for me is that I don't get that box to untick.. I've also tried a solution that involed going into the registry and alter some things without any succes. Any other suggestions besides that?

Reaction score
Found answer, was same as Windows 8 I used before. Again, I ask, why is this stuff so hard to find?
  1. Type netplwiz in the search box at the bottom left. You may receive a prompt asking for the administrative password. This opens the User Accounts control panel applet on the screen.
  2. Select the user account from the list that you want the system to log in to automatically. Uncheck the box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and click apply.
  3. You are prompted to enter the account password which Windows will use to sign in.
  4. Check the user account displayed by Windows to make sure it is the right one.
  5. After you have entered the password twice and clicked on ok, restart the PC to test the change.
Thank you, DM. Had to re-check box and start over.

Ask a Question