Automatic signin and everything is unresponsive.

Reaction score
My windows ten automatically boots to the other user in my computer which is a standard user. when it goes to the login screen, I can't choose my main (which is still there on the login screen) account just straight up to the other one and when windows loads, everything is unresponsive, the cursor just has that loading icon next to it. I can't even try to open anything because my keyboard's broken and I only use the on-screen keyboard which I cant open either because I can't do anything. the desktop only has the recycle bin on it, start doesnt open up, time and date isn't there and all the other task bar icons. just the start, cortana, desktop view/mode (I don't know what it's called) and the notifications icon. my cursor doesn't load all the time. its plain arrow and just makes the loading icon when it hovers over anything on the task bar.

It was working properly yesterday. Please help, I wouldn't even be able to boot from a flashdrive or a DVD because I can't get into my bios. can't press a single key on my keyboard that's working. :( I can't reset my computer since I have important files there and I don't have any backups. any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Was the automatic boot something you set up or is that part of the problem?

You may need to get a new keyboard but you should be able to get the onscreen keyboard to come up to sign in. Not having a working keyboard may even be effecting the situation but I don't know that for sure.

Ask a Question