Automatic, unwanted printing of MS Word documents

Reaction score
Hi... Donno if this is a Windows 10 question, but ever since I installed, I get an automatic printing of Word docs I summon from OneDrive (and perhaps other) folders. I call up a doc file and the printer turns on and spits it out. Anybody know how to shut this off? I'm using MS Office 365 for my Word software. This behavior was not a problem with Windows 8.1, so I'm thinking its a Windows 10 setting. Also, it's printing to a printer that Windows 10 settings doesn't recognize. It sees the printer's fax setting, but not the printer's. Nonetheless, it prints just fine.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Reaction score
Addendum to above: Just discovered that this automatic printing behavior occurs when I open a file directly from File Explorer, and not when I open it from inside the Word program. It's at least a workaround to avoid the behavior, but still intriguing -- what's it about File Explorer that 's causing the behavior?

Ask a Question