AVAST AntiVirus

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed avast and all had been running well.....until I did a manual full system scan, got to 47% then PC restarted.......but when it did I got error message...."system unable to restart" tried to repair, that also failed, tried clean install, that also failed with message Windows is unable to repair this PC..........tried the installation CD but still same error, then got unable to locate OS, in the end I have done a low level format of the drive and reinstalled Win7 without error and all is well again, just wondered if anyone elese had problems running a manual scan with avast?
Thanks

Reaction score
A free program that screwed up my PC would be in recycle bin. Microsoft has a free antivirus which seems like people don't use and it is built to protect Windows. Won't go into wild accusations on some websites. I can tell you I have used a free suite for my PCs for over 15 from cable provider. I ran Defender on Microsoft 8.1 of over 2 years with no ill will just for family to see it was safe as they were paying for virus protection. Now probably a total of 5 or could be higher and no ill will has come over any PC. Niece was paying for one of paid programs, got a virus and lost all data on her PC.

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed avast and all had been running well.....until I did a manual full system scan, got to 47% then PC restarted.......but when it did I got error message...."system unable to restart" tried to repair, that also failed, tried clean install, that also failed with message Windows is unable to repair this PC..........tried the installation CD but still same error, then got unable to locate OS, in the end I have done a low level format of the drive and reinstalled Win7 without error and all is well again, just wondered if anyone elese had problems running a manual scan with avast?
Thanks
Sounds like you had a virus prior to installing Avast. I have been using it for years on XP, win7,8,8.1 and now on 10. Never had any issues except one time I got the watchdog error due to not having the firmware upgrade for my new SSD. Totally unrelated to Avast.
Before you install any Anti Virus, you must have a clean system. When I set up a new computer I get all drivers, run the updates and then install Avast

Ask a Question