SOLVED Avira Antivirus - Cannot Delete Program

KJJ

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I downloaded the free version of Avira Antivirus. Due to its constant ads/popups, I was unhappy with the product. I have tried several times to uninstall Avira without success. Every time it says that I have successfully deleted the program, it comes back to haunt me. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any advice/instructions to remove this product would be appreciated....thank you in advance.

Reaction score
You may want to download Avira Registry Cleaner and run it after uninstalling. This is supposed to remove all Avira registry entries. Once it's completely gone, you can just use Windows Defender, or if you need something with better virus detection, I use Bitdefender Free. There are no ad and if you go to the settings gear and select Account info, you can turn off Display notification with special offers. You'll never see another popup unless you have an issue.

Avira Registry Cleaner https://www.avira.com/en/downloads#tools

KJJ

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. I have tried Obit Uninstaller without success, but I'll give Revo Uninstaller a try. Frankly, I'm not optimisticc. If Revo Uninstaller succeeds, I'll post here.

Reaction score
When using Revo Uninstaller, be sure to use the advanced scan after the initial scan is complete (don't x out of the program or you won't be able to do the deep scan). Select "all" and then delete all the remaining files that are left deep in your computer. Revo Uninstaller works great.

KJJ

Reaction score
Steven,
Followed your advice re: Revo Uninstaller to the letter including advanced scan. Unfortunately, Avira showed up again after computer restart. Avira is just plain nasty!

Reaction score
Steven,
Followed your advice re: Revo Uninstaller to the letter including advanced scan. Unfortunately, Avira showed up again after computer restart. Avira is just plain nasty!

Wow, that is quite a program. Have you tried this one? https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/uninstall-avira-free - It shows a way to uninstall it in safe mode. Check it out. Hopefully it works for you.

Reaction score
Hello @KJJ

Please follow the directions from the following webpage and let us know if that corrects your issue or not.

How do I perform a manual uninstallation of Avira Antivirus?

If that does not correct the issue I can help you to manually remove it

Thanks

KJJ

Reaction score
I hope/believe that I was able to remove Avast Antivirus using the Avast Utility download using in SafeMode. I'm going to mark this thread as solved. Thanks for helpful suggestions.

Ask a Question