Back up failure Error Code: 0x81000031

Reaction score
despite many attempts, I've failed to get my backup to work since I set up Windows 10 last Summer :( Anyone have any experience with Error Code: 0x81000031 and how to remedy it? Thank you for your time :)

Reaction score
I suggest that you type 0x81000031 into Google ( this works for many W10 errors) You will immediately get to two Microsoft sites with other peoples questions and the answers.

Are you using Bitlocker?

Reaction score
I suggest that you type 0x81000031 into Google ( this works for many W10 errors) You will immediately get to two Microsoft sites with other peoples questions and the answers.

Are you using Bitlocker?
Yeah, I tried the google search for that error code a few times when I first noticed the backup wasn't working. I'm not sure what Bitlocker is, so I may or, more likely, may not be using Bitlocker :)

Reaction score
Alvin I use Aomei backups regularly.
Aomei will inform you of drives or folders that are protected (Bit Locker...) before you attempt a backup. Have you moved (to an external drive) a default folder that requires access for the backup process. ?

Ask a Question