Backup software suggestions

Reaction score
I'm currently running Arcronis 2016 and well when it's working it works well. But I keep getting the error "Acronis true image 2016 cannot find version 6" every time I go to do a backup manually or auto runs. So... I'm open for suggestions what else works well without dealing with this continuing issues.

Reaction score
Do you make incremental backups or differential backups?? there may lie your problem. I know incremental is the default setting in Acronis. I am still using Acronis TI 2011 and it has served me well. I have TI 2014 also but I use it only for GPT partitions.
However I never do backups from within my OS (I always start with a external medium like USB drive or CD).

Reaction score
After research looks like Arconis is the best choice so I purchased 2018. My plan is do a full system backup first. Then since I'm a home user backup my documents, photos, videos, Outlook .PST file and other important folder and use the differential method. I would like to do the backup once per week and then delete the oldest backup after several backup are done. does that sound like a plan. And... I also could do a full backup if I add any new software or upgrades were done. BTW, I'm a rookie at doing backups!
Thanks

Reaction score
Sounds like a great plan to me. I would create a System Image any time you make a sytem change or MS Updates. And regular differential back ups your important files Docs Photo's, video's...

Reaction score
I have used AOMEI Backupper. It allows you to backup system, disk and files in different ways.

Ask a Question