BackupOutlook

Reaction score
I haven't used outlook for some time. The last time I used outlook, back up was free and included in the program. It looks like the days of the freebee's done like dinner LOL.

Reaction score
One can backup the PST File from Outlook but not sure whatinall otherwise is included. I came that close to buying BackupOutlook but just found out tonight from them, the program does not work with Exchange files. Great! Just great!!!
I know SafePSTBackup will backup IMAP, Exchange & POP accounts which seems to be the better way to go, unless someone else has better advice.

Reaction score
Thank you for the many replies. I think number 6 clinched it by advising that BackupOutlook will not work with Exchange Files. Thank you very much Dr Petrie.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry that your post didn't receive much attention.
Microsoft no longer includes a native utility of backing up Outlook since Outlook 2007.... https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...kup-tool-7EF27BAC-6088-4F03-A9F7-34165D885883 We do not typically endorse or encourage the use of third party programs, especially ones that we have no experience with, that may have something to do with why you didn't receive more replies.

Personally for backup purposes generally I encourage the use of disk imaging, which allows you to restore an entire disk or extract a particular file or folder and restore that only.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/
IF I were only concerned about my Outlook email I would simply copy my .pst and or .ost files to external media for safe keeping.
That would provide an email, contacts and calendar backup, but does not help with your actual account settings. You would still need to reinstall Outlook, configure your accounts and then direct it to use the .pst file that you had backed up.

Reaction score
Thank you for the helpful reply. This was indeed informative. The other week, I had tried to add another email account and kowabunga! I'm not sure what I did (because technology deficient) but I lost every account I had. I was thinking the PST file had my email accounts in it but was I thrilled to find out it did not. I floundered around and got everything back in but then began to think about a program to backup Outlook. Your suggestion to Disk Image everything appears to be the correct way to go. Thanks again for your kind reply.

Reaction score
As I know, Stellar Mail Backup software is completely free for 15 days. So, you can take backup of all components like inbox, sent items, deleted folder, Contacts, Calendar, etc.

Apart from MS Outlook, it also supports Outlook Express as well as Windows Live Mail.