SOLVED (.bak) file inquiry

Reaction score
anyone know easy steps in using this kind of file... to make more clearer, the file in question is a backup of a bookmark app on my tablet. i created this right before i did a hard reset of the device (due to a corrupt app) and i want to somehow restore the app's contents using this backup file

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just a wild guess, but....
I would assume, provided you made the file using a utility possibly within the application.
I would expect that if you would reinstall the app there would be a feature within it that you would use to restore or recover backed up "bookmarks", and it would prompt you to make that file available to complete the recovery process.

Reaction score
As what Trouble said. I've never been able to deal with .bak files over the last 25+ years as they are rather specific to the program that creates them. One might be able to dig some data out of them using software such as Quick View Plus or some file viewer but no guarantee, most times it will be machine or programming language.

Reaction score
So far one big fail... The app does have ability to restore but nothing came up... I'll have to consult each entry in list form to be able to restore it... Paid 1.00 in play store last year.. Not a good investment I finally realised

Ask a Question